<strong>Waterview death ruled an overdose</strong>
The death of a 25-year-old male in Phase 7 Waterview Park apartment April 5 was the result of a prescription drug overdose, according to Collin County medial examiner William Rohr.
Shawn Sultemeier, a resident of Dripping Springs, Texas, died as a result of toxic amounts of the prescription painkiller Darvocet – propoxyphene – in combination with acetaminophen.
Sultemeier’s death was reported an accident in the autopsy report. Rohr added he did not think Sultemeier was prescribed any medicines at the time.
Sultemeier, who was visiting a friend, was issued a citation by UTD police the night before his death for possession of drug paraphernalia. UTD Assistant Chief Debra Marable said the two events were merely a “coincidence.”
<strong>UTD receives photo collection gift</strong>